Personal Information We Collect We collect the following categories of information:
Information you provide
- Contact details, including your first and last name, phone number, and email address.
- Company information, such as your company’s name and location.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our services and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information we obtain from other sources
- Social media information. We may maintain pages on social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook. When you visit or interact with our pages on those platforms, you or the platforms may provide us with information through the platform.
- Other sources. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, data providers, and publicly-available sources.
Automatic data collection
We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system, manufacturer and model, browser type, IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and
- Usage data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page, browsing history, and access times.
We may collect this information using cookies and other similar technologies. Cookies are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device or in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising. For more information on how you can control cookies, please see the Your Privacy Choices section below.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
To provide our services. This includes:
- Enabling you to subscribe to our newsletter;
- Administering, hosting, and operating our services;
- Communicating with you and responding to any inquiries you may have; and
- Analyzing your use of our services to allow us to evaluate and improve the services.
For research, development, benchmarking, and improving our services. We may use personal information to analyze and improve the services, identify trends, and operate and expand our business activities. We may also create aggregated, anonymized, or other de-identified statistics, which we may use for lawful business purposes, including for analytics, forecasting, and strategic planning.
For marketing and advertising.
- Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications, including, but not limited to, sending newsletters or publications, and notifying you of promotions, offers and events via postal mail, email, telephone, text message, and other means.
For compliance and protection, including to enforce any applicable terms and conditions, comply with legal obligations, defend against legal claims or disputes, protect the security and integrity of our services, and identify and investigate fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Personal Information We do not sell personal information. We may share personal information with:
Service providers. We share personal information with companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our services or our business (such as hosting services, communications, data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, fraud detection, investigation and prevention services, web and mobile analytics, email and communication distribution and monitoring services, and customer relation management systems).
Professional advisors. We share personal information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Advertising partners. We may share your personal information with third-party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Authorities and others. We may share personal information with law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate.
Business transferees. We may share personal information with acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Patriot Timber or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Your Privacy Choices
Unsubscribe from direct marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through our services, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Use the following links to learn more about how to control cookies and online tracking through your browser:
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our services from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us better understand how people engage with our services by collecting information and creating reports about how users use our services. For more information on Google Analytics, click here. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, click here. You can opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
You can reach us by phone at (336) 299-7755 or at the following mailing address:
Patriot Timber Products, Inc.
117 S Westgate Drive
Greensboro, NC 27407